Saturday, December 5, 2015

Lately

Hey everyone! I'm back after a semi-long hiatus. Still working. Still doing nothing with my life except K-Pop. Speaking of which....

Taeyeon, my favorite member, released her solo mini-album on October 7th, "I". There are six tracks on her album:

  • I - With lyrics she wrote herself, this song portrays how she feels about her life and the song is honestly just the best. Listen to it. It also features Verbal Jint, the rapper.
  • I (Instrumental) - Pretty self-explanatory. It's just I without her singing. 
  • U R - Okay now this song is life. I can't even talk about it without getting emotional. It's a ballad with a soft piano in the background that eventually turns into a full-scale orchestra I swear, and I can't even remember the lyrics rn but it's beautiful. My favorite song of 2015, hands down.
  • Stress - A more upbeat song about a relationship where the boyfriend (or whatever) is just a pain in the butt and causes her a lot of stress (wow, just like the title). Fun to jam out to.
  • Gemini - I absolutely adore this one. I didn't like it at first because it's a R&B song, but it grew on me and now I love it. Gorgeous.
  • Farewell - I honestly haven't listened to this enough to give a detailed summary, but I'm sure it's amazing because Taeyeon.



http://45.media.tumblr.com/ec5443b5f87c0e4b97631d83813b15d5/tumblr_nvqu8jVIxf1rl3g6ho1_540.gif
Flawless





Look at this bae

Slayage

Server Tae is the best Tae

Not to mention that this was back in October. Her song "I" received an all-kill (ranking number one) on the main Korean charts, almost missing it because "U R" was #1 on one of them (which is hilarious to me; she couldn't get an all-kill because one song was blocking the other). She also received the Triple Crown: receiving 1st place for three weeks in a row on Music Bank. It's fabulous. I still love it.  

 To promote her solo debut, Taeyeon held a solo concert that spanned over 4 days as part of SM Entertainment's concert series labeled "The Agit". The dates she performed were October 23, 25, 29th, and November 1st.

Goddess


Ethereal

Beauty


Soon thereafter, SNSD held a solo concert in Seoul called "Phantasia" on November 21st and 22nd. They performed many of their title songs, as well as others on their past albums. They'll continue their Phantasia tour into Japan during December, but no other countries have been announced.

Into The New World, the acoustic version


Next big thing: TTS's comeback. Girls' Generation's sub-unit, TaeTiSeo, most recently had their comeback on December 4th, 2015. It was a special Christmas mini-album, titled "Dear Santa". The title track was released in an English and Korean version, Seohyun writing the lyrics for the Korean. 

Adorable babies




Taeyeon is fav, of course


Actual five year-olds, I swear

But also goddesses (Ignore the bad quality)


 Anyway, yeah. That's my update on my girls. I've been wallowing in the black hole that is K-Pop, so other than that, nothing interesting has been happening.

The End!

Have some SoShi


No comments:

Post a Comment